SEARCH OUR LIVE DIRECTORY FOR JOBS
- | Doctors
- | Flame Pharma
- | GP
- | Healthcare
- | Healthcare Sales
- | Hearing Care
- | Optometry
- | Pharmacy
REC/KPMG Report on Jobs
The REC/KPMG Report on Jobs has reported that permanent placements stabilise, while temp billings rise for second month in a row.
Summary of the report:
- Permanent placements broadly stable; faster rise in temp billings
The rate of decline in permanent placements moderated to near-stagnation in September, with only a fractional fall recorded. Temporary staff billings rose for the second month running, with the rate of expansion quickening to a 14-month high.
- Demand for staff strengthens
Job vacancies continued to increase in September, with the rate of growth accelerating to a 13-month high. Stronger expansions were signalled for both permanent and temporary workers.
- Candidate availability rises further
Growth of permanent staff availability was recorded for the fifth consecutive month in September, albeit at the slowest pace since May. Temporary staff availability continued to rise at a solid rate.
- Slight increase in staff pay
Although pay increased for both permanent and temporary staff in September, in both cases the rate of inflation was only marginal.
- Regional and sector variation
The drop in permanent placements was centred on London, although the rate of contraction eased to the slowest in four months. Employment increased moderately elsewhere across the English regions.
- Growth of short-term staff appointments was again strong in the Midlands during the latest survey period, while the South and North also saw increases. London, however, registered a decline.
- Trends in demand for staff again differed by sector during September. Private sector vacancies continued to rise, but there was a further reduction in public sector vacancies.
- Nursing/Medical/Care remained the most in-demand category for both permanent and temporary staff in September. Good news for the Flame Health team!
Search Jobs by Sector:
- Dentistry |
- Doctors |
- Flame Pharma |
- GP |
- Healthcare |
- Healthcare Sales |
- Hearing Care |
- Optometry |
- Pharmacy |