SEARCH OUR LIVE DIRECTORY FOR JOBS
There is always time for an Eye Test
Research from the College of Optometrists has found that almost a third of people who haven’t had a sight test for the last two years cite the fact they 'don’t think it necessary' with 50% claiming they haven’t visited an optometrist because 'I haven't experienced any problems with my eyes'.
Other popular reasons for not going to visit the optometrist among the 716 respondents who admitted to not having a recent test included:
- Concern about the cost of a test (20%)
- The cost of glasses (17%)
- Lack of free time (20%)
- 'It's too much hassle' (14%)
- I'm worried they’ll try and sell me spectacles even if I don't need them' (14%)
- People worried about problems the optometrist may find (7%)
Flame Health are concerned with these statistics. It is vitally important that your eyes are tested regularly. Make that appointment today!