Ophthalmology - Head of Service Development
Private Medical - Head of Service Development
Flame Health are working within one of the leading providers of NHS-funded ophthalmology services in England.
They provide services for NHS CCGs, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, and other providers of NHS funded services and they currently deliver over 150,000 patient interactions annually, including outpatient appointments, diagnostic testing, and eye surgery.
A challenging role that will suit a driven, commercially astute leader who can balance driving business performance with coaching and strategic thinking, comfortable with complex relationship management and experienced in working within a fast paced, developing organisation. This is a business partner/consultant role and key in the growth leadership team, accountable for driving sustainable profitable growth across the division and in each location. Leading a matrix team, you are accountable for the division ensuring engagement and followship to deliver the annual plan.
As the main point of contact for the partners you will be highly visible in the “Services” or supporting with partner facing activities. You will quickly build strong and effective working relationships with both partners and key support office teams. This will enable you to understand partners’ specific needs for their business, working with them to drive business growth and profit. You will work with partners to develop 5-year growth plans as well as ongoing identifying opportunities for performance improvement. You will also work closely with the partners developing and supporting the implementation of business growth plans including new locations and new treatments.
NEW BUSINESS OPENINGS
- Accountable for the successful completion of new partner inductions prior to their new service opening.
- Accountable for developing a growth plan from opening for the first 13-weeks including capacity and resourcing planning.
- Support the partnership in developing ways of working to ensure a productive partnership
- Discuss and support the development needs of each partner and the partnership team ensuring they are continually developing their own skills and working effectively as leadership team, as well as raising capability across the business.
OPHTHALMIC SERVICE DEVELOPMENT
- Be a valued and trusted business partner “a critical friend” to each of the partnerships within your division.
- Build an in-depth understanding of each business and develop 5 year and 1 year business plans and support delivery of each plan.
- Hold regular formal and informal meetings with the partners to review progress against business growth plans and identifying new opportunities for improvement in revenue and profit.
- Work with the partners to ensure that service levels and waiting times continually meet expectations and can accommodate the volume driven through referrals.
- Work closely with the Service Engagement Manager to support the partners, their growth plans and local referral processes.
- Support the partners with the introduction of new treatments and services which will form part of their business growth plans optimising mix to drive profitable growth and ensuring patient care is delivered across a range of treatments
- Support with the implementation of “change” initiatives and identifying new initiatives that can be adopted across the business, ensuring the right policies, how to guides and training documents are produced to help with implementation.
- Responsible for the development and growth of all services in a division.
- Develop and deliver against a divisional plan that drives growth, profit and service that is engaged with across the division and ensures delivery of the annual plan initiatives within division to ensure weekly budget targets delivered.
- Work collaboratively with the property business development team to identify new opportunities to drive our business opening programme, supporting partners with the business case and have the appropriate physical capacity in our businesses for the next 5 years
- Identify growth opportunities for each partnership and the division as a whole across diverse set of metrics. Using the P&L accounts to identify best practices and learn and share with other partners to drive efficiencies, profit, and business growth.
- Establishing a culture of sharing best practice amongst the partners ensuring they are working together in a “pay it forward” way.
PARTNERSHIP CULTURE & BRAND STANDARDS
- Be the conduit for two-way communications between the businesses and support office, championing partners and their needs, procuring support office expertise.
- Build a positive “partnership” culture between the partners and the support office ensuring that feedback is always constructive and appropriate.
- Support the partners in delivering a high standard approach to patient pathways which drives patient care and efficiencies. Be a custodian of the brand ensuring the reputation of the group is upheld and is protected for all services and partners, challenging partners where and when appropriate.
- Support and challenge the partners to deliver the best possible patient experience, making the link between values, engagement and developing capability. .
This role would suit a senior leader with a finance or health management consulting background with a broad range of business advisory skills delivering operational best practice and business growth through effective relationship management.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Commercial acumen
- Experience in Profit and Loss accounts.
- Experience of working within a multi-site clinical environment
- Knowledge of NHS policy landscape would be beneficial
- Knowledge of optical practices or ophthalmology service provision would be beneficial
- Working in the field with extensive travel.
- Working as a remote worker
- Delivering “change” projects
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Coaching, relationship management, facilitation, and team building
- Commercially astute, comfortable with complex data sources and analysis, performance management, business modelling and forecasting
- Strategic thinker
- Influencing and negotiation skills,
- Ability to motivate, challenge and engage individuals and teams
- Ability to manage and influence complex relationships
- Strong verbal and written communicator, who can build strong trusting relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and pragmatism in problem solving
- Strong organisational skills, and ability to apply sound commercial judgement and risk management
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast moving, results orientated organisation independently and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to effectively prioritise and execute things in a timely way and to deadlines
- Facilitating and chairing of meetings
- Action planning
To apply for this Head of Service Development or enquire about additional Jobs - Contact Flame Health Freephone on 0800 085 0858 or if calling from a mobile 01158114488 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Flame Health & Associates LLP operates as an Employment Agency & Employment Business.
Applying for this job.
If you are a member, please login to Apply.
New users, please Apply below.